Friday, April 25, 2014

Weather Changes

I know that lots of other people I know with lupus notice that when the weather changes (especially drastically), our bodies suffer. I joke with one of my good friends that we always know it's going to rain before newscasters do because our joints ache the worst right before it rains. The last few days in Ohio the weather has been all over. Wednesday when I left to go teach, it was chilly enough that I grabbed my one of my wool winter coats (even though I despise wearing coats when driving anything longer than about 40 minutes - and this was a 90 mile trip one way). On my way home, it was finally feeling like Spring - I couldn't wear my coat even if it was a 15 minute drive. I even cracked my sun roof for a little bit!

Unfortunately, I've had more migraines than usual lately so I left my sunglasses inside the house, on my night stand. I tend to be a little bit more light sensitive, but luckily it wasn't too bright on my commute home. I stopped at one of my best friend's (it was about half way between where I was teaching that day and my house). It was so nice to just hang out and chat, plus spend time with her sweet little baby. Seriously, that child is one of the happiest babies I've ever seen and very smart!

Yesterday it was chilly, but not out of the ordinary for April in Ohio (around the 40s), it's now been raining on and off for two days. And since it's been raining for two days, I've been achy for two days. Naturally, my husband hasn't been feeling all that great (he thinks he has a bad cold) and is in the middle of working two days in a row - and he works 12 hour shifts, so he basically comes home to sleep, which I absolutely do not mind. I feel lousy because I hurt bad enough that I can't even wash the dishes in the sink all at once (I wash a few, take a break, wash a few). You'd think after dealing with lupus for over 20 years, I wouldn't be surprised by any of this.

I don't need it to be summer weather, but I just want the weather to decide on what it wants to be (preferably not rain) and stick with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment